Summer 2017 Kids Activities
To register for an event, call or email Pam Mercer at pammercer@fumc-highpoint or 812-4363.
- June 11: Putt-Putt Family Fun! Join us from 4-5:30pm for a family afternoon at the N. Main Street Putt-Putt. The cost is $6 per person and will include unlimited mini golf, 8 game tokens and a ticket for one drink from the concession stand. Additional tokens can be purchased (8 for $1). The Children’s Ministry Council will be providing snacks. Kick off summer with a great afternoon of family fun…you never know what special surprises may be awaiting you! Friends are welcome!
- June 27: Open Door Shelter/Get Air Trampoline Park. All 6-11 year olds are invited to meet in our church parking lot for a day of fun, fellowship, and helping others. We will begin by setting up and serving lunch at Open Door Ministries from 10-12. From 12-1, we will have a picnic lunch at Armstrong Park. *PARENTS, PLEASE SEND A PACKED LUNCH WITH YOUR CHILD.* From 1-3, we will have loads of fun at Get Air Trampoline Park. The cost will be $14 per child. ALL kids MUST have a permission waiver filled out online at www.getair.com. They must also wear special jumping socks. Please bring them in you already have a pair, or send $3 to purchase. We will return to the church parking lot at 3:15. Friends are welcome. We need 2 parents or baby-sitters to travel with us.
- July 9-13: Vacation Bible School. Join us for an exciting week of Maker Fun Factory VBS! All kids ages 4 though 5th grade are welcome to join the fun as we gather and discover how God created each of us for a special purpose. We will gather in our Fellowship Hall for dinner each night at 5:30pm and be done at 8pm in our Sanctuary. Registration is required; you may do so on the FUMC website: https://www.fumc-highpoint.org.
- August 1: Hiddenite Gem Mine. All kids ages 6-11 are invited to a fun day at the Hiddenite Gem Mine! We will meet in the church parking lot at 8:45am. Each child will need to have with them: $12, a bag lunch, and a plastic container with lid for any treasures that they find! Make sure that your child wears play clothes and tennis shoes (no flip-flops) that can go in the creek and possibly get dirty. Kids younger than 6 are welcome, but will need to have a parent or baby-sitter stay with them. You may pick up your child at 2:30pm in the church parking lot. We will need 2 parents or baby-sitters to travel with us. Friends are welcome.
- August 16: Back To School Fun at City Lake Park! This family event will be from 5:30-7:30 at City Lake Park in the Camp Ann picnic area. This event is free—the church will provide the hot dogs with all the trimmings. Families are asked to please bring a dessert to share. Our entire church family is invited...our Sheraton Towers neighbors, too!